EFAs are polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFA) that are also essential nutrients. This means that they cannot be manufactured in the body and, therefore, must be obtained through diet. They are the starting point – or the mortar and brick – for manufacturing all other fatty acids and hormone precursors necessary to support and build strong lean muscle while increasing stamina required for fitness and bodybuilding.
They are considered the “good” fat that are also key components of many other physiological processes in the body.
- Increased metabolic rate because EFA’s increase energy levels
- Increased insulin sensitivity by delaying stomach emptying time; This allows the digestive system to absorb carbohydrates more slowly resulting in a decreased insulin response
- Natural blood thinner therefore decreasing platelet aggregation (clotting of red blood cells) resulting in decreased risk of vascular disease, clotting and strokes
- Decreased blood pressure due to its blood thinning abilities
- Are converted into prostaglandins (natural anti-inflammatory agent produced in the body) that help decrease inflammation and pain; reduced muscle soreness after strenuous workouts and shortened recovery time
- Increased brain function, mood and intelligence; the brain is 60 percent fat and needs omega-3s to function properly
- Improved stamina and endurance due to optimal production of hormones
- Reliable source of energy without increasing bodyfat
- Increased production of hormones, including our favorite, testosterone
- Provide soft, smooth and velvety skin
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease